Friday, March 11, 2011

Electric Kool-Aid

I do not think that I would sell you down the river to Wal Mart, but to find a better job in the area it may be opportune to be in the area to look for a better situation. The Time Warner people are headquartered in Richlands and they run an advertisment on their website encouraging folks to apply for work with their company. I have no idea how much they might pay. There is a firm on top of Poplar Gap which, I believe, is one of those outfits where you get to take idiotic phone calls and then look up the answers to questions like that posed in the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy and pass them along to people who are sitting on a park bench somewhere in their bathrobe, talking to you on a cell phone while making lewd gestures to old ladies across the street in a home for retired political activists. In short, I don't know, but I'll look. There's always applying for several pounds of money in scholarship awards and attacking the Law School. Or the Pharmacy School. Wanna get in the drug business? If you try the dime bag business and fail you might still be able to practice the monastic life in San Quentin for about three centuries.

- my grandfather, Ron Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment